Create your personalized Sea Wave Effect!
- WAVE-PRO is a non-toxic powder that reacts with wet epoxy resins by repelling itself away, thereby stimulating movement in concentric outward circles and waves.
- Creates cells and waves in resin art
- Safe & user-friendly
- Non-toxic & non-flammable
- Zero-VOC formula with no harsh chemical ingredients, solvents or alcohol-based ink
- WAVE-PRO can be used along with our range of colours or metallic pigments.
- Please Note that WAVE-PRO was developed and tested with our proprietary artwork resins.
- Ideal for Ocean Resin Art
How to use:
How to work with Wave Pro – the ideal tool to create the natural sea waves effect!
These instructions imply the presence of a “sea” background made of epoxy resin on your board / canvas (it can be done as acrylic paints, and just filled it with transparent resin on top, or you can make it entirely from coloured resin).
The hardened “sea” background made of epoxy resin makes it possible to remove non-produced waves in case of failure.
- We mix the epoxy resin in the proportions indicated in the instructions (the volume depends on the scale of the work).
- In a cup, mix the resin and Wave Pro additive using the ratio: 3-4 teaspoons of resin and 1/2 teaspoon of Wave Pro). It is important to mix thoroughly and quickly so that the powder dissolves and turns from a pale white to a rich white. Let the mixture rest for 50-70 minutes, occasionally stirring it in a cup. Your main goal is to get a very thick mixture after the indicated time, since this is the perfect consistency for it to be blown with a blow dryer.
- Mix the newly obtained resin, and use it to make a transparent layer on top of your “sea” background (the key point is that without a liquid transparent layer, the wave effect will not work!).
- Pour a thin stream of white thick mixture onto this transparent epoxy layer and, holding the blow dryer at a 30 ° angle, blow the wave. Linger only at the beginning of the process, because the resin is thick, and the blow dryer needs to “soften” it, but as you see that the wave has gone, then immediately move along the entire wavelength without stopping. Go through the burner and wait for the resin to completely cure. Once cured, you will have your real sea 🙂
We recommend to use the product with our TRANSPARENT EPOXY RESIN (low viscosity)